About this Course
Artists and healers are sensitive, creative people who work from their passion, spirit, social purpose and sense of service. Often, it is for these very reasons the idea of contextualizing, or properly executing, what they do as "a business" presents personal conflict, overwhelm and self-limiting beliefs.
Yet, the creation of a practical marketing plan can help them to clarify their goals, connect with their preferred audience or clients, give them the tools to communicate what is unique about what they do and educate their public on solutions that they have to their problems.
This specialized course takes creative, non-traditional approaches to business skills development that takes into account the emotional blocks affecting the artist and healer as business owner and their business itself.
"Don't Get Good..." encourages participants to connect mindfulness to their choice of marketing techniques by combining journaling exercises, readings, weekly discussions and mentorship. Upon completion, you will have developed a personalized year-long action plan, comprised of a promotional strategy, sales model and fresh ideas.
Who is this course designed for?
• Those who need help with and run a creative or holistic business
• Those who are starting a creative or healing arts business
• Exploring Your Business Belief Systems
• Finding Your Focus
• What is Marketing?
• Drafting Your Sales Goals
• Defining Your Unique Sales Proposition (USP)
• Defining Your Niche
• How to Create Your Mission Statement
• Defining Your Value Proposition
• Defining Your Preferred Client
• Your Niche Demographics
• Knowing Your Competitors
• Creating Your Pricing Structure
• Political, Economic, Social & Technological (PEST) Analysis
• Your Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities & Threats (SWOT)
• Charting a Promotional Strategy
• Charting Your Needs & Assistance
• Creating Partnerships
• Sponsorship & Volunteer Development
• Creating Policies & Procedures
• Making a Year-Long Plan
Books Participants Should Read:
Against the Stream by Noah Levine
The Artist’s Guide by Jackie Battenfield
The Creative Entrepreneur by Lisa Sonora Beam
Get Clients Now! by CJ Hayden
I’d Rather Be in the Studio! by Alyson B. Stanfield
Overcoming Underearning by Barbara Stanny
Think and Grow Rich by Dennis Kimbro & Napoleon Hill (or version by Napoleon Hill)
Group Seminar (8 participants maximum)
75 minutes per week
Duration: 8 weeks
Subscribe to Our Mailing List
One Business Intensive,
Two Other Options:
DIY Web Tutorial